Furhaven Orthopedic Dog Bed
With more five-star (4000) reviews than any other orthopedic dog bed in its segment, the Furhaven orthopedic dog bed is a super soft, easy to clean dog bed loved by dogs and their owners alike. It is particularly an unmatched choice for dogs that require extra support for their bones and joints.
- CertiPUR-US Certified Foam
- Egg-crate foam core soothes pressure points and provides great support for aching joints and muscles
- Sleep surface is lined with embossed plush faux fur fabric
- Fluffy-filled bolsters are lightweight but supportive
- Machine washanble cover
- Not indestucable
- No waterproof cover for the foam
I’ve bought several dog beds over the years, but my dog took to the Furhaven orthopedic dog bed almost immediately. Read my Furhaven orthopedic dog bed review to learn more!
Keep Reading to Find Out About:
- 1 About Furhaven
- 2 Furhaven Orthopedic Dog Bed Comfort – Your Fur Baby Will Sleep Like a Baby!
- 3 Furhaven Orthopedic Dog Bed Durability – Not Chew-Proof but Built to Last
- 4 Furhaven Orthopedic Dog Bed Maintenance and Performance – No Sweat
- 5 Final Thoughts:
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions
Founded in 2004, and headquartered in Washington state and nestled between Mount Baker and the vibrant city of Seattle, Furhaven is today one of the leading names in the dog comfort product segment.
The company creates a wide range of pet products that are inspired by everyday experiences. All products from Furhaven’s massive product portfolio have been tested to meet stringent quality and safety standards.
Furhaven Orthopedic Dog Bed Comfort – Your Fur Baby Will Sleep Like a Baby!
The Furhaven dog bed can be ordered in 12 exciting colors and in a plethora of sizes including small, medium, large, jumbo, and jumbo plus.
With regards to comfort, the Furhaven orthopedic dog bed wins the gold with its plush embossed faux fur.
Furthermore, it features L-shaped cushioned supportive bolsters that are topped woven linen upholstery—fabric that is gentle on your paw-pal’s nose and paws.
The Furhaven orthopedic dog bed is nestled within an orthopedic foam base, which provides a cushion for pressure points, and promotes air circulation.
Additionally, the Furhaven dog bed features plush padded bolster railings to support your dog’s back, hips, neck, and joints to ease discomfort and encourage restful sleep.
You can elevate the Furhaven orthopedic dog bed with an optional elevated mid-century modern-style dog bed frame.
This frame is a great way to keep your pooch off the floor in the winter, and the summer when the air-conditioning is turned on, so the air is circulated underneath.
Furhaven Orthopedic Dog Bed Durability – Not Chew-Proof but Built to Last
The Furhaven orthopedic dog bed is crafted from 100 percent American CertiPUR-US Certified foam, which is independently tested to ensure it meets stringent standards for content, emissions, and durability.
Unlike cheap foam, CertiPUR-US Certified foam is safe for your dogs, owning to several reasons, most notably:
CertiPUR-US Certified Foam Benefits
• Made without ozone depleters
• Made without PBDE’s, TDCPP, or TCEP (“Tris”) flame retardants
• Made without mercury, lead, and other heavy metals
• Made without formaldehyde
• Made without phthalates regulated by the Consumer Product Safety Commission
• Low VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) emissions for indoor air quality (less than 0.5 parts per million)
This makes it easier for you and your pet to sleep at night knowing that the Furhaven orthopedic dog bed has been given a “clean bill of health”!
However, the Furhaven orthopedic dog bed isn’t chew-proof, therefore may not be a great choice for ardent chewers.
But there are a few ways to make it chew-proof including using easy to clean chew-resistant fabrics that hold up well between doggy teeth like painter’s drop cloths that are made from thick, tightly woven cotton duck cloths.
Furhaven Orthopedic Dog Bed Maintenance and Performance – No Sweat
The cover of the Furhaven orthopedic dog bed is machine washable, so cleaning it is a joy! But it’s worth noting that there are certain do’s and don’t when it comes to washing a dog bed,
Plus, it features a smart zipper design to remove the cover easily from the mattress.
The foam however doesn’t come with a liner, which you can buy separately for under $20.
How to Wash the Furhaven Orthopedic Dog Bed?
The cover of the Furhaven orthopedic dog bed can be either hand washed or washed in the machine. But the insert cores and bolster cores aren’t machine washable. To wash the Furhaven dog bed:
1. Unzip the cover, and shake it to get rid of any loose debris before throwing it in the wash.
2. Set the washing machine to a gentle cold cycle, after which you can dry the dog bed cover on a low low heat setting in your dryer. Furhaven does however suggest air drying the dog bed cover for long service life.
3. If the foam of the Furhaven orthopedic dog bed is soiled, you can handwash it with a mild detergent solution.
If Fido has an accident, you can mix white vinegar with water to get rid of the urine smell, after which use a detergent solution to help with the stain.
As an added precaution, you can buy and wrap the Furhaven orthopedic dog bed with a Furhaven Waterproof cover (sold separately).
For a dog bed that provides sheer comfort for your dog, the Furhaven orthopedic dog bed is hard to beat. It is crafted with safe and tested CertiPUR-US foam, and comes with lightweight and supportive bolsters.
Adding to this, the Furhaven orthopedic dog bed features an egg crate foam core that provides great support for aching joints and muscles.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Furhaven a good brand?
Furhaven is considered one of the best brands when it comes to orthopedic dog beds. Th company’s beds are crafted using premium quality materials that are both safe and comfortable for your dog.
Are orthopedic dog beds worth it?
Absolutely! An orthopedic dog bed that’s well-crafted with memory foam can go a long way in keeping your dog comfortable and provide relief for its achy joints.
Where are Furhaven dog beds made?
Furhaven dog beds are is designed, assembled, warehoused, and shipped in the USA using USA-sourced filling materials. The bed cover is made in China.